The vSphere Clustering Service (vCLS) is a new capability that is introduced in the vSphere 7 Update 1 release. The issue is that the vCLS VMs are x86 and can not be deployed to an ESXi-Arm Cluster as the CPU architecture is not supported. But We could disable it according documentation:
This task explains how to put a cluster in retreat mode.
- Login to the vSphere Client.
- Navigate to the cluster on which vCLS must be disabled.
- Copy the cluster domain ID from the URL of the browser. It should be similar to domain-c(number).
- Navigate to the vCenter Server Configure tab.
- Under Advanced Settings, click the Edit Settings button.
- Add new key “config.vcls.clusters.domain-c841.enabled” use the domain ID copied in previous step.
- For the cluster with the domain ID, set the Value to False.
- Click Save.