One day I reach vRops admin login message “Incorrect user name/password”. Here is a short info How to reset the admin password in vRealize Operations according KB 2078313. But I was unable to reset. My problem was with expired internal certificate in vRealize Operations.
Reset the OS admin Password
Note: Before resetting the admin password, ensure that the account is not locked out by this command:
pam_tally2 --user admin --reset
Note: If the admin password expires for the local OS, update the local OS version of the password before completing the below steps to reset the password across the Application:
- Log into the Master node as root via SSH or Console.
- Run the following command to reset the password, and password age of the local admin account:
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 on all nodes in the vRealize Operations Manager cluster, including Remote Collectors.
Reset the vRops admin Password
To reset the admin password, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Master node as root via SSH or Console.
- Run this command and follow the prompts:
$VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN $VCOPS_BASE/../vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsSetAdminPassword.py --reset
Unable to reset – problem with expired internal certificate in vRealize Operations
localhost:~ # $VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN $VCOPS_BASE/../vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsSetAdminPassword.py --reset Password: Re-enter Password: Saved existing admin user credentials into backup file Call failed: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)> Original admin credentials restored from backup